Naples Artcrafters Fine Art & Craft Show
Dates: Shows are held on the second Saturday of every month during the season, vis:
- October 25, 2014
- November 8, 2014
- December 13, 2014
- January 10, 2015
- February 14, 2015
- March 7, 2015 (joint show with Naples Art Association)
- April 11, 2015
Hours: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Place: The show takes place in Cambier Park along 8th Street South, within view of the Band Shell and Cambier’s Quilt, the first public art project at a municipal building under the City of Naples’ public art ordinance. Sponsored by the Public Art Advisory Committee and city council, the installation by Florida artist Mark Fuller consists of two structures that are nearly 12 feet tall and weigh 1,300 pounds. Each has 108 dicroic coated panels that pivot with the wind, changing color and reflecting the surroundings as they move.
Cambier Park is located just a block and a half from historic Fifth Avenue South, placing this art fair within walking distance of trendy European boutiques, sidewalk cafes and iconic art galleries such as Call of Africa’s Native Visions Gallery, Shaw Gallery of Fine Art and Sheldon Fine Art. The show is also just three minutes by car from fabled Gallery Row and the Third Street South Gallery District.
Cambier Park is home to a number of state of the art facilities including The Arthur L. Allen Tennis Center and the Norris Community Center. It features a unique community-built playground, covered pavilion, lots of open green space and ample parking. Refurbished in 2001, the Band Shell is the scene of free concerts scheduled throughout the year, including performances by the Naples Daily News Jazz Band, Naples Concert Band, Gulf Coast Big Band and numerous other performing groups.
Also located in Cambier Park is The von Liebig Art Center, permanent home of the Naples Art Association. A mainstay of the community, some 100,000 guests visit The von Liebig each year to view its changing exhibitions, take art classes and workshops, and participate in its highly-rated art lecture series.
Description. Naples Artcrafters is committed to promoting excellence in arts and crafts and to supporting established artists, craftspersons and students by providing a venue for the display and sale of their work in a beautiful setting. At their shows, they present a wide array of artistic genres, styles and media, including:
- paintings – oils, acrylics, watercolors. . .
- drawings — pen and ink, pencil. . .
- scissors art
- multi-media and collage
- jewelry – metalsmithing, metal clays, lapidary, beading
- stained glass and fused glass
- wood turning and carving
- basket weaving
Cost: Admission is free
Parking: Free and ample
Facebook: An event page is posted in anticipation of each show.
- The Naples Artcrafters was formed in 1967.
- To belong to the Naples Artcrafters, members must live in Collier County at least four months of the year and pay a 10 percent commission from sales at their shows.
Related Articles and Links.
- February 8 & 9 is busy weekend for fairs and festivals in SW Florida (02-03-14)
- Final Naples Artcrafters show of the season takes place Saturday in Cambier Park (04-10-13)
- Plenty of art to see and enjoy at Southwest Florida art festivals March 6-10 (03-04-13)
- Art festivals from Naples to Matlacha entice SW Florida art lovers this weekend (02-06-13)
- Art festival season continues in February with big fairs, exciting venues (01-23-13)
- Three more art festivals come to Southwest Florida January 12-13 (01-07-13)
- Art festival season starts in earnest this weekend in Southwest Florida (12-29-12)
- Next Naples Artcrafters fine art and craft show is January 12, 2013 (12-27-12)
- Naples Artcrafters announces schedule for rest of 2012-2013 season (11-14-12)
- Naples Artcrafters opens 45th year with art and craft show on October 27, 2012 (10-04-12)
- Join Naples Artcrafters in Cambier Park Saturday, March 10, 2012 (03-08-12)
- Naples Artcrafters Fine Art & Craft Show returns to Cambier Park on Saturday (02-08-12)
- Naples Artcrafters descends on Cambier Park this Saturday 12-08-11)