Meet ‘Last Night of Ballyhoo’ actor Kate Dirrigl
Kate made her Lab Theater debut in last Christmas’ production of Jeff Goode’s highly-satirical The Eight: Reindeer Monologues, in which she played Dancer, a ditzy, adorably clueless Jewish ex-ballerina who found refuge at the North Pole after it became illegal and downright unsafe for reindeer to dance the Nutcracker, Swan Lake and the other classics back in the day. Then she returned to The Lab as a blond-haired, blue-eyed shiksa girlfriend in Joshua Harmon’s Bad Jews. The stage direction included in Harmon’s script describes Melody as “like someone who would have been abducted when she was nine but returned to her parents unharmed.” Vacuous to a fault, when asked what type of a name Melody is, she answers, “Oh, I don’t know, Caucasian?” She was last seen in Wings, where she reprised the role of Amy, a miraculously patient, uber-competent therapist who establishes a close rapport with stroke veteran Emily Stilson and members of her speech therapy group.
Kate has a B.A. degree in theater performance from the University of Texas Pan American, where she was involved in numerous plays, including Arsenic and Old Lace (in which she played Elaine Harper), Les Liaisons Dangereuses (in which she played Cecile Volanges) and Peter Pan (where she was both Captain Hook and Mrs. Darling). When she is not on stage, Kate works as a preschool teacher for the Montessori School of Fort Myers. At Montessori, Kate holds the dubious distinction of being the school’s “most caffeinated preschool teacher.”
March 31, 2017.
- Although set in 1939, The Lab’s ‘Ballyhoo’ offers insights into immigrants’ efforts to fit in
- April 20 ‘Ballyhoo’ talk-back to include Bob Hilliard
- ‘Last Night of Ballyhoo’ opens at Lab Theater on April 14
- Meet ‘Last Night of Ballyhoo’ actor Bonnie Knapp
- Meet ‘Last Night of Ballyhoo’ actor John Repa
- Meet ‘Last Night of Ballyhoo’ actor Steven Coe
- Meet ‘Last Night of Ballyhoo’ actor Lexie Anne Cole
- Meet ‘Last Night of Ballyhoo’ actor Amy Tardif
- ‘Last Night of Ballyhoo’ play dates, times and ticket info